Recipe by: Taste of Home Test Kitchen
35 M ¦ 8 SERVINGS
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, oranges and walnuts. Place oil, sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, salt and mustard in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour desired amount over romaine mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
***TO MAKE AHEAD: Prepare salad dressing up to 3 days in advance; mix well before serving.